Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Olymps

So if you've been like me this past week, you've been watching the Winter Olympics. Have they not been so cool?? I am partial to men's speed skating and figure skating, I must admit. :) I'd love to know what your favorites are. Comment and tell me! Here are a few facts about the Olympics you may not have known; and a few about this year's:
I'm sure you knew this but the Olympic rings are the official emblem of the Olympic games. I am so honored to have them on my blog page. :) The five rings represent the five regions of the world which are Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Oceania. Didn't know that. Also, every flag in the world has at least one of the colors ( blue, yellow, black, green, and red) on their flag. The Olympic ring design was designed in 1913. Ring a bell?? Yes, that was the year the New York Yankees became. They just became; that's all they need. Back to the Olymps, as I like to call them. This year, there are 15 different games, over 80 countries participating, and 2,619 athletes total. WOW! A lot of people from a lot of places! I found this tid-bit to very interesting: The two official languages of the Olymps are English and French. I tried to research to find out why, but had no luck. sorry. Anywho, if you want to know more, follow this link: http://www.vancouver2010.com/ :)

No comments: