Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello!

So I guess you can see I've gone kinda St. Pattie's Day on yall. haha :) I just liked the background so much I had to put it up. I think I'll do that with all the holidays from now on. (if they have a background for it) Well, I just got up...like 30 min ago. I got home late from Tome Sawyer rehearsals and I was tired so my mommy lat me sleep in. :) And I'm hungry but I'm waiting on my daddy to get home for lunch. Too late for breakfast now, but I did have a banana. I like fiber. Can you see how much happier I am when I get good sleep?? Speaking of fiber...The Five Foods You Should Eat Everyday
#1 Leafy greens:Medical experts call them one of nature's miracle foods. Leafy greens like Swiss chard and kale are high in nutrients like folate and vitamins A and C that can lower your risk of cancer. Just one cup of dark, leafy greens a day could also prevent diabetes and high blood pressure.
#2 Nuts:Many nutritionists recommend nuts like almonds, cashews and walnuts because they're high in natural fiber. Fiber slows your digestive process, keeping hunger and unhealthy mid-afternoon snacks at bay. Goodbye vending machine runs!
#3 Onions:Studies show that consuming onions on a regular basis may reduce symptoms of asthma and the risk of developing stomach cancer. Add them to soups and stir-fry, and just remember -- the stronger the onion, the greater the health benefit.
#4 Whole grains:Refined grains, like white rice and pasta, have lost 90% of their nutritional value through the refining process. As if that weren't reason enough to choose whole grains like brown rice, quinoa and whole oats, a recent study showed that a diet rich in whole grains actually flattens your belly by reducing fat storage in your lower abdominal region.
#5 Yogurt:Making yogurt part of your daily eating routine can improve your digestion -- if you're buying the right stuff. Check that the label lists "active cultures" to make sure you're getting healthy probiotics, and pick a yogurt rich in vitamin D to prevent osteoporosis.

Have a great day!




No comments: