Wednesday, February 23, 2011

give it up already! ;)

:)
hello everyone!
I just have a few Scriptures to share with you, but I'll be honest. I read this the other day, and haven't really been reading anything "eye popping" in my Biblio lately. :( But that doesn't mean God's not there! Even if I do read stories that don't seem to apply to me now, I still read them so that one day, when I will need them, I'll be able to remember the stories and apply their lessons. That's why I read my Bible.
And now the Scriptures:


I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly offer.  But I do not need the bulls from your barns or the goats from your pens. For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird on the mountains, and all the animals of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you, for all the world is mine and everything in it. Do I eat the meat of bulls?
Do I drink the blood of goats?
Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High. Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.”
Psalm 50: 8-15

I made the word thankfulness bold, by the way. :)

I really just wanted to share this with you because it's something I KNOW I need to apply in my own life. It's easy for me (sometimes) to sacrifice to God. It's easy for me to give cash on Sundays and it's easy to volunteer my time to the church, because it's what I love doing.
But God doesn't always want any of that, and when I first read this, it made me a little sad that he didn't even need it. That's when I have to remember this:
God is not a god.
god with a lowercase 'g'. You know, the gods who constantly require sacrificing to appease them??
That god is not my God.
My God loves.
And he doesn't need my sacrifices or offerings. He wants my thankfulness for doing the very that will save me, that I could not do.
M
and, you know what?? I don't always thank him. I forget to when I pray. Most of the time, my prayers are (probably) 60% praying for other people/family, 20% praying for myself, 10% asking for a good day/safety/good dreams, and 10% thanking Him.

what is that?!?!?!?!

So, seriously, I need to be more thankful, instead of simply giving up everything I own. :)
This post, to be honest, was written more for me than I thought it would be for you. I needed to hear (or see??) my own thoughts down on paper. :) But, as always, I include you, because I don't dismiss God's ability to talk to people through the babblings of a teenage girl. :)

But, I truly hope your Wednesday is fabulous. Thank God today, for something. Anything.
 Actually, thank Him for everything, because nothing would exist without him.
I love you all!

No comments: