Saturday, May 7, 2011

never forget

Hello, loves. I hope you are all enjoying your day off. :)

I had originally planned to go with Jordyn, Cyndi, and Anthony today to volunteer with Samaritan's Purse, who are helping with relief efforts in t-town! But when I got up, I was SO tired. I couldn't even see straight. So I slept in a little more.









WOAH. what?!?!?!?!!?

I slept in while I had the chance to help someone?!?!?
Yes, but believe me when I say I was very tired. I knew I would not be able to do much and I would probably give out rather quickly out there. I just needed to sleep. And God knew that.
But I had a hard time with this decision. And this is where I want to remind y'all

to never forget that He answers.

Like I said, I was having a hard time telling myself it was ok for me to stay home while I could be working to help someone. But I also knew my physical limitations.

So, I asked God to tell me what to do. I asked him to show me, so I got out the Word and I flipped and flipped till I got my answer.

My answer was found in Luke 5. It was through the calling of Levi.

Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him. Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests also ate with them. Luke 5:27-29



Jesus called Levi, just like any other disciple. He said to follow him; and Levi got up, left everything, and followed Jesus. But how did Levi serve Jesus?? In this passage, Levi served by staying home and serving Jesus there; and by serving the tax collectors.

That's what I am supposed to do today. I am going to stay home, and still serve Jesus, by serving my family. (I know Levi served tax collectors, but since all sin is equal, I guess me and my family are kind of like tax collectors!) :)
So, I'll serve my family today. And I'll still get the rest that even God knows I need.

That's another great thing! He cares about my tiredness, and my want to relax. He cares for me and always provides ways for me to replenish my spirit and refresh my mind.

Never forget that God keeps his promises about ANYTHING. In this case, I knew that His Word said, "Seek and you will find." I know that any time I seek Him, I will find something. Maybe not always as quick as this morning, or even as clear. But I'll leave that to the Holy Spirit to reveal it to me.

Just obey him and have faith:
Seek. You will find.
 
That's just a reminder for y'all, and myself. Sometimes I forget, and then amazing things like this happen, and I'm amazed!
I know God is happy that I'm amazed, but I'm sure he's also saying, "Well goodness Shelby! Did I not tell you I would answer you when you called?? It takes very little to make you humans happy."
haha :)
That's just my guess....
 
Anyway, I hope you all have a great Saturday!
 
Happy Mother's Day Weekend!
I love you all!

No comments: