Thursday, June 30, 2011

alive and kickin' it

*







hello, loves!

i'm babysitting right now, but since the baby's taking a nap, i thought i'd say hello. :)

last night's Bible study at youth was so.good. really! i've missed sound teaching like that!

He talked on Eph.2. It was all about how we have been chosen by God and when the Holy Spirit comes into us we are made alive. We used to be dead- to sin, to ourselves- but we are new creations now. And God has special tasks he wants us to accomplish. Tasks that won't get completed unless you (I) do them. No one can do your task for you, and you can't do my task. That's why we're all where we are right now. You have the friends you have because no one else has the influence you have with them.

At the end, he had us all turn to Romans 2:4, which talked about God's kindness leading us to repentance.
He asked us all to write down 5 ways God's kindness has lead us to repentance, or drawn us closer to Him.

There have been so many ways that God's kindness has lead me to repentance.
Think about ways that you've been lead to repentance, simply because the Lord was kind to you. Just sit and remember and be thankful for the kindness. He has shown us kindness. That's why we are to show kindness.
Because he showed it first.



So, today, I'm just trying to be sensitive to whatever tasks God has given me. I'm meditating on what it means to be alive and a new creation. I'm praying that I learn to recognize God's kindness and love easily, and then show the same kindness and love to others. I'm trying really hard to love people. :)
Anyway, I hope you all have a great day today!

Oh! P.S, I received the complementary book from Voice of the Martyrs, Tortured for Christ, yesterday in the mail! I can't wait to start reading it. Have any of you read it?? I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Hopefully I'll be able to blog later today too, I have a few projects I've been working on that I'd like to show y'all! :)



i love you all!
happy thursday!
:)

No comments: