Wednesday, August 3, 2011

run freely

hello, loves! :) good morning to you all!

i'm almost on my way to babysit, but before i go, i want to share something with y'all.


i was reading last night in Hebrews 12. verses 1-3:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people. then you won’t become weary and give up.


God was just really speaking to me about taking off weights that hold us back from running freely and wildly for God. I know I have weights. And I've decided to take them off.
I'm praying that removing these distractions will grown me in my love for God. And then grow me in my love for people.

Which is something else He's been teaching me. I have trouble with judging people upon first seeing them. God is teaching me to love, no matter the skin color, the clothes, or anything about them.
It sounds so basic, you may think I sound like a broken record-
Love people no matter who they are.

But this happens to be the second greatest commandment that Jesus Christ gave us while he still walked the earth, and I am going to do everything I can to learn how to love people. How to truly love people.

He partially spoke to me through this picture I found on Pintrest yesterday:

(if the prints too small to see, click on the picture to see it better)


wow, huh?? who can honestly say they live like that??
but, we're called to.


well, i reeeaaally need to go. hopefully i won't be late!
i love you all!
:)

No comments: