Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grape Hyacinth


I found this flower in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine and thought it was pretty. :) Maybe I'll plant some this fall!
And the Blueberry Challenge was put on hold this past week due to a very busy week that I won't even go into detail about. haha... no haha.... :) Needless to say, I didn't get to making any blueberry dishes so, I am going to get busy with that these next few weeks. I have some ideas in mind but we'll have to see...
More on the Grape Hyacinth:
It's a member of the lily Family actually, not the Hyacinth fam. They grow best from zone 3 to zone 9. The bulbs should be planted in the fall. In the case with established plantings, the leaves will come out in late summer and persist through winter to endure cold temps even down to zero. They will start to flower early-mid spring. They're not too picky when it comes to location; they just don't like extremes like really wet places or really dry places.

No comments: