Monday, May 24, 2010

just call me Betty Crocker,

or Rachel Ray, whichever floats you boat. If you have a boat.
I have been cooking like CRAZY today, or at least it feels like I have been. Cooking and cleaning. yay cleaning.... :( I cleaned out the refrigerator of all leftovers because some were moldy and some were smelly and I needed the room they took up. Then I cooked dinner, chicken pot pie (yummo!), and after we headed out to the grocery store for a few essentials. When we got home I made some chocolate chip banana nut bread real quick (it took 45 min to cook!) and we finally sat and, wait can we pause on the sat part. sssssssaaaaaaaaatttttttt. yes. that's a good word. We sat and watched the two-hour season finale of 24 and now I am blogging about my super long day that started with my 6:30 alarm clock telling me, "You have to get UP!" (yes, that is the caption I chose for when the alarm clock, along with the Alabama fight song, pops up on my cell-phone screen) I proceeded to babysit with Brantley till 12:20ish and when we got home we both weeded mom's flower bed for her since she's gone. Can I just say that now her flowers look like they can breathe?? I think I might have unconsciously held my breath, thinking the weeds were choking me too. maybe.....
I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining about my day. I really did enjoy it. I had nice conversations with Brantley, got a lot of things done around the house, inside and out, fed the family at home, and got to talk to my mom from Mexico! So, over-all, it was a good, long, tiring, day. Those are the best kind. At least I know I'll sleep good tonight! :)

P.S.- I was just kidding about that "just call me Betty Crocker" thing. Shelby's good. ;)

No comments: