Thursday, September 30, 2010

200th post!

yay!! :)

 Okay, so last night, I heard God. I was in Bible Study at church and we were talking about....well, I can't remember now. But, I do remember Him tell me, "You're running out of time." wow. not exactly profound, but enough to scare me half to death! "Running out of time??" Does that mean I'll die soon?? And then He comforted me by reminding me that we are all running out of time. Really think about it. We can't gain time, can we??? No, so we must be running out of it.
The difference in the Christian's life and the non-believer's life is if your wasting your time (that's running out) or not. Then when I was reading my Bible later last night, He gave me two Scipture verses that wowed me! I'm pretty sure I actually wrote WOW in my journal too! :)

John 15:16- You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Philippians 1:23-24- I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

By the way, I stumbled upon that Philippians verse....how cool is that??? Because that's exactly what my heart was feeling last night. In Bible study we talked about why some people didn't want to go heaven right now. I feel that way sometimes too, although my reasoning has changed. It's not just because I want to fulfill my dreams, it's mainly (and this is truly not me, all God) because I want to spread the Gospel! And I'm running out of time!!!!!!! This has lit such a fire under me, I can't even explain it. Know what I mean?? I hope you do. I'll pray that someday you do. Just remember, your time is running out. Make this blink-of-an-eye time we call life, count for something. And I don't mean do all the good and normal things. I mean we need to further the Kingdom! Can we do it together??

and I'll leave you with a song God put in my head last night. Yes, God can speak through country songs.



I'm not gonna let it get me down

I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight
Cause tomorrows another day
and I am not afriad
so bring on the rain

No comments: