Saturday, January 8, 2011

australian people are soooo cool.


they really are! from their cool accents to their cool blogs....they're just cool.

ok, enough ethnicity envy... more on life in 2011 so far!
It's been pretty cool so far. God has been speaking to me about several things and all-in-all, he's just been really present in our life.
How about y'all?!?

 One thing God was really laying on my heart was Acts 10, particularly the part where God tells Peter not to call anything unclean that which he has made clean. I'm still not quite sure why God put that on my heart for 3 days, but I still pray about it. I think maybe he wants me to understand this concept reeeaaally well, because I'm going to have to show no favoritism in some situation sometime in my life soon. still not sure though....
 And it was brought to my attention that I am not gentle with my brother, Brantley. He and the rest of my family think I am very harsh with him and not as loving as I am with most everyone else. So, I've been trying to work on that lately too. I'm loving that God is molding me and shaping me by bringing certain things into the light, but I have to admit that it's kind of hard sometimes... :)
 And right now, I want to get away. Have you ever just wanted to go somewhere and know no one, and tell them about Jesus?!?! That's EXACTLY what I want right now! Honestly, I have really felt drawn to becoming a U.S. missionary for a while now. By 'U.S. missionary' I mean not an out-of-the-country- missionary, but a missionary to some inner-city neighborhood in NYC or Chicago. Or maybe some poor village-y place up in the Appalachians. And quite recently, San Diego.
WHAAATTT?!?!
Who knows..... but I think about it everyday.

So, that's me, from the past few days/weeks. :)
For some reason, I really feel like this post will make a difference or have some kind of impact on someone. I don't have to know how God works in you life, of course, but it can be the most refreshing thing as a believer to testify to other believers how AWESOME God is in your life. So, maybe if you feel led to, leave a comment or email me, and we can talk about it. :)

I keep praying for y'all all the time. And I hope y'all are having a great weekend! :)


(photo credit: anthony who actually went to Australia!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) Yes they ARE!
2) I love how sensitive you are to the people who surround you. Keep trying... people notice.
3) I feel like that ALL the time! I now what you mean... It would be an awesome thing, knowing that God can use you to change someones life. Very humbling.

p.s. - Great color coordination!