Monday, May 9, 2011

be still





Last night I was listening to Pastor Bill's sermon that I missed because I kept nursery at church. He spoke on Romans 8; how there was no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. But it wasn't what PB said that made me pause, it was what God said. He said, "Be still. I am God."
You see, the reason there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus is because God's wrath was satisfied when Jesus died as the perfect sacrifice for us.
John 3 says that he did not come to the world to condemn it, but to save it. Another part of Scripture says the God could condemn us from where he sits in heaven without coming to us at all; therefore, he did not come to condemn, but to save.
But the part that made me be still, and fall in love with Him all over again, was this:
He came.

Hear me on this. He came to do what we couldn't do, and we are already here.
Get it??
He came and did for us what we are completely incapable of doing. At all. Ever.
Never ever, here on this earth, will we ever be able to do anything that might even attempt to save us. EVER.

And God said to be still. He is God, and I am not.
But the tone of his voice wasn't stern like to tell me that I've put myself on some high pedestal.
It was soft and so loving, like to tell me to stop trying so hard. Because no matter what I do or try to do, I'll never succeed in winning favor with God.
He chose me. Not the other way around.

So today I feel like I'm in a trance. I feel like the love of my life just gave me a big fat kiss on the lips. :)




But anyway.....a few updates on life:

-Daddy left this morning for some training. He'll be gone for 3 weeks. :( But this is nothing compared to what next year will be like.
-I had 3 dreams last night and in them I killed Osama bin Laden twice and Daddy killed him once. interesting.
-we clean monica's today to make some money! yeah baby! (i'm completely broke. sacrificial giving is tough, buts that's another post ;) )
- and the softball banquet is tomorrow! i'm sad the season is over, but glad to hang out with them one more time :)

That's all.


Happy Monday!
I love you all to pieces!
:)

No comments: