Monday, May 23, 2011

keep going.

hello :)


can we have a honest chat for a moment, please??

If I'm being honest, I'd have to tell you that I haven't been feeling very close to God lately. I don't know what it is. I still read my Bible, pray, and try to do the right things. But, for some reason, He seems distant.

But I know enough truth to know that if I'm feeling this distant, it isn't because God moved- I did.

And since I've been feeling this way, I've been trying to fix it. I've been trying to do things that will make me feel closer to God, or more forgiven by God.

But it just doesn't work that way. Only my fix it attitude and do it heart tries anyway....and then I just get more discouraged.


But I read tonight in my Bible that the only way to feel the way I want to feel, is through believing in Christ.


But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ. Gal. 3:22



Only by believing.....not so hard right??

Ok, so I'm gonna believe riiiiiiight NOW!





wait, I don't feel much better.
well, it's not about the way I feel. It's about faith.

Faith in Christ is knowing beyond all that is reasonable, and maybe even sensical, without any hard evidence, that there is a Savior.
The Bible tells me so.

So when I know that God is still right where I left Him, and that faith is the only thing that can give me the joy in freedom I long for, what's my solution to my problem of my feeling of loneliness??


Perseverance: Continuing to do what God has commanded you to do.
 
 
My Bible commentary for Gal. 3:5 says this:
 
"Some Christians...want to live in a state of perpetual excitement. The tedium of everyday living leads them to conclude that something is wrong spiritually. Often the Holy Spirit's greatest work is teaching us to persist, to keep on doing what is right even when it no longer seems interesting or exciting...If the Christian life seems ordinary, you may need the Spirit to stir you up. Everyday offers a new challenge to live for Christ."
 
 
I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. Gal. 3:5




No, for some reason, doing what is right doesn't seem as exciting as it did one week ago. But it doesn't matter.
God is still here, and he is still worthy of my faith and obedience, even if I can't hear or feel him. I'll still pray and I'll still seek him. I know that eventually I'll find Him.
 
 
Ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. Matt. 7:7
 
 
 
So, maybe you're in the same boat I'm in right now. If so, let's go to the Father in prayer together!
Pray for me please, and I'll be praying for you.
 
Another thing, if I'm being honest, is that I sometimes feel reeeaaally guilty if I don't post something godly on here. I feel like this blog is an amazing witnessing tool that God has entrusted to me, and to whom much is given, much is required.
Almost like how a pastor can't fall behind spiritually, I feel like I have to not fall behind too.
But that's my earthly self talking!
 
I know that the only Truth I speak anyway is God's truth! I know that the only power and influence I have is that which He has chosen to give to me.
He can give, and he can take away.
 
But my prayer is that while I still have this responsibility to all the non-believers in blog-world, and elsewhere, I will only speak the Truth and that I will give all the glory to the Father.
 
 
 
Well, that's just me, getting my thoughts down on "paper". I think I do that a lot on here..... :)
 
 
 
But thanks for listening, and thanks for praying!
 
I love you all!
Happy Sunday!
:)

No comments: