Wednesday, June 8, 2011

growing faith

I saw a cool quote on pinterest today. (and, yes, i did repin it.)


"I have learned that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse." -Philip Yancey


That is SO true. I look back at different times in my [short] life, and I see that the outcomes of many different situations totally made sense, even though at the time, I didn't see it ending that way.
Now, I'm learning/training myself to not "think up" my own ending to a situation. Instead I'm going to live by faith. Seeing isn't believing with Christianity. I'm going to learn to live and trust in God, even if I don't know what my next step will be- or if there will even be a next step to take.

Faith has been a big theme in my relationship with God lately. There are so many sides to it, and so many different vantage points you can view it from. I'm not sure if I'll ever fully understand or master it.
But I am so thankful that my Lord has put in me this desire to have the kind of faith He talks about in Scripture. Faith like a mustard seed.

It is by grace we are saved, through faith. Only faith. That's all it takes. No special works or vows. No special prayers or actions. Just faith. That's all we can do. The rest was done for us.




keep the faith! believe in His promises! He is the only person who will never let you down!





*
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be moved, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed." Isaiah 54:10









i love you all!

No comments: