Friday, June 10, 2011

you have been jesus-ed.

hello. :)

i'm reading in colossians right now, and i'm loving it!
tonight i read chapter 2 verses 1-5. here's what they say:

I want you to know how much I have agonized for you and for the church at Laodicea, and for many other believers who have never met me personally. I want them to be encouraged and knit together by strong ties of love. I want them to have complete confidence that they understand God’s mysterious plan, which is Christ himself. In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

I am telling you this so no one will deceive you with well-crafted arguments. For though I am far away from you, my heart is with you. And I rejoice that you are living as you should and that your faith in Christ is strong.
(I italicized the parts that stuck out to me the most.)


The first thing that I loved about these verses, was where it said "knit together by strong ties of love" in verse 2. To be knit together is to be woven in and out, forwards and backwards, with each other. It's like holding hands with someone and your fingers are laced together.
but you're knit together in love. love.

love is so important. why did Christ come to the world?? because he loved us. he loved us.
Christ loves everyone. everyone.
seriously, he loves everybody. there's not a single person, may he/she be bad, silly, ugly, weird, clumsy, smart, arrogant, stupid, or shallow that God does not love.
the second greatest commandment is to love your neighbor as much as you love yourself.
wow. i hate to say it, but i do not love people that much. as much as myself.

the Truth hurts.

but I am to love the people who are bad, silly, ugly, weird, clumsy, smart, arrogant, stupid, and shallow because Christ loves them. Or, better yet, Christ love me. And I'm no better than anyone else in this world.

I am to love them, because Christ loves. Christ is love.
And we are to be knit together in love. In perfect love.
In Jesus.

Jesus is love.

Just for a second, pretend Jesus is a verb, and we'll use it in a few sentences:

A. I love you.
B. I Jesus you.

A. Do you love me?
B. Do you Jesus me?



Understand that when you love someone, you are being Jesus to them.

You are Jesus-ing them.
And it will knit you together on a foundation of love. Your backbone will be Christ and nothing will break you.
Nothing can break you. Because nothing can break Jesus, and Jesus is love.


I'm going to work on loving people, because, frankly, I don't think I'm doing as good of a job of it as I should be. I should be Jesus-ing, and instead......I'm just live-ing. Not love-ing.

I'm going to pray very hard that Christ will help me. Because I want to love people. I want to see past faces and bodies and speech and personas, and just love people because they are people.
Because Christ loves all people.
I'll pray for you too. This is heavy on my heart. People need love. People need Jesus.


Let's love Jesus the world!




I love you all!
Happy Friday night/almost Saturday morning!
:)

No comments: