Wednesday, June 15, 2011

satan will not succeed

every single time....every single time, people!

every single time i ask for God to help me understand something, or to reveal something to me, he never lets me down.
he's never let me down.


right now, i'm very hungry for God. and i'm wondering why i'm at the place in life that i am right now. i'm battling against sin, but i really don't want to. i'd rather give in to my sinful desires and continue to have problems with people and do things the way i think they should be done.

but tonight i read mark 1:12-13, and it says this:

The Spirit then compelled Jesus to go into the wilderness, where he was tempted by Satan for forty days. He was out among the wild animals, and angels took care of him.



i'm realizing that sometimes, the Holy Spirit Himself compels us to go to places where we will be tempted, just like Jesus. He was among the wild animals, being tempted to sin. but the angels took care of Him. He came out alright.

The angels took care of Him. The angels fought the demons for Him. And that bring me to this conclusion: there is no way i'm going to let satan have the upper hand. there's no way i'm going to let him deceive me into sinning against God and a fellow believer!

and now i realize something else! my battle isn't even against other believers who bother me and do things i don't agree with. my battle is with the evil authorities of the unseen world.

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Eph. 6:12




Because of this, because I know that my battle is not against people, but against Satan and his servants, I am driven to not sin. I am driven to rely on the Spirit and the care of the angels that are fighting for me.

because where i am at spiritually and physically is not extremely ideal for me right now. but, then again, neither was the desert for Jesus, I'm sure. all i know is is that the Spirit is compelling me here. and i have to have faith. i will be taken care of.




just some late-night venting/praising.

i love you all!
happy wednesday!
:)


p.s.-- my daddy's birthday is tomorrow! :)

No comments: