Monday, July 4, 2011

clear

hello, all! happy 4th of july!
what are you all doing to celebrate??


well, i'm going to a party later tonight, but right now, i'm celebrating freedom in Christ more than freedom in the USA.

in this post, i talked about how i truly didn't know how to live by faith daily in this day and age. it's hard! what does it even look like??
well, i found part of my answer just a few verses down from where i started in 1 Timothy:

Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked. 1 Tim. 1:19


God showed me through his word that i have to keep a clear conscience in order to have strong faith.
this is not easy to do.

but i have practiced it at least twice now, and neither time was fun.


but, it was so freeing. keeping a clear conscience ultimately means freeing yourself from the bondage of sin.
as i confessed my sin before God, the chains were broken and I was set free.

i was set free because Jesus loved me enough to take on my sins, each one specifically, and die with them on his back and my name in his thoughts.
but the story doesn't end with him in perpetual chains either.

because he beat them and rose from the grave, sin has no power over me.

i am free.


As I stand and sing, you're breaking the chains off me.


if you're a believer, remember your eternal freedom today.
keep a clear conscience.

grow a strong faith.


i love you all!
be safe today!

:)

No comments: