Thursday, July 28, 2011

knowledge

hello lovies. :)

happy thursday to you all! i can't stay on here long, i have things to do today, but i thought i'd tell you about yet another wonderful quiet  time last night.

do you all remember when I started supplementing my faith, with moral excellence, for example?? well, knowledge is one of the things that 2 Peter says to supplement your faith with.
at first, i was a little confused about how to add to your faith knowledge. did it mean head knowledge, like verse memorization and knowing the line of Jesus?? i wasn't sure.
but something i did know was that God would not tell me to do something, and then not tell me how to do it.

and he did tell me how to do it, starting with the devotional from My Utmost for His Highest. (i encourage you to click on the "devotional" link and see where i got my logic from!) This quote from the devotional stood out:
"The golden rule to follow to obtain spiritual understanding (or knowledge) is not one of intellectual pursuit, but one of obedience."

i gain knowledge, by obedience. it was beginning to make sense.

and then God did something really cool.
i started reading from John 7:14-17.

Then, midway through the festival, Jesus went up to the Temple and began to teach. The people were surprised when they heard him. “How does he know so much when he hasn’t been trained?” they asked. So Jesus told them, “My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me. Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own.



The people wanted to know where Jesus got his knowledge from. And what did Jesus say??
"Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own."


If they want to obey God, by doing his will, they will gain understanding, or knowledge, about Jesus' teaching. It makes sense to me now. God made it make sense to me.




see?!?!?!?
isn't he cool!?!?!
isn't he incredible?!?!

take that with you today. take the Cool, Incredible, God of ALL with you today.
and have a happy thursday!

i love you all!
:)


p.s.-- we got a new kitten! i wasn't excited at first, but she's only three weeks old and still drinking milk from a bottle! pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Jordyn said...

I read the same passage in Utmost the other day and didn't get much out of it. Now I better understand what it was talking about. You are so encouraging Shel. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom. I'm so proud of you. Love you :)

Shelby Grace said...

yayayay! God is so cool! I love you too!