Wednesday, July 27, 2011

unchangeable I AM

*



hello, dears. :)

i'm babysitting right now, but I had to take a couple of minutes to tell y'all about my quiet time last night.

it was so awesome. can i just say that God never stops amazing me?!?!
last night as i read my bible, I just felt my insides start melting. my heart began unfolding, and for the first time in a while, i felt God's presence and his peace. Feeling his peace is one of the best things in this world, and it's only because it's not of this world. last night i felt so in sync with God.

i read from Hebrews 6. my favorite part was verse 17-19:

God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind.  So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us.  This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.


that passage speaks on the unchanging nature of God and his promises. In the beginning of chapter 16, it says that when God makes a promise, He swears by himself, because there is no one higher by which to bind himself. So, when God promises us something, like forgiving our sins when we repent, there is no reason to doubt. Because God has sworn by himself, and God does not lie. God's nature is truth. We can trust it and hold to it like an anchor. And the hope that comes from that leads us through the curtain, into God's presence.
i love how intimate that is. We go from God being this trustworthy anchor, tried and true, to a Father who personally leads us into his chambers.

It was in his chambers last night that I felt my heart relax and "un-tense". it was just amazing.


i'm praying that God does the same for y'all, soon! I want every soul on this earth to experience the holy presence of God.



later on tonight, the youth is going to be tie-dyeing! i'm excited!
well, i hope you all have a great wednesday!
i love you all!
:)



p.s.-- my testimony featured on the youth blog!

No comments: