Wednesday, October 26, 2011

slowing down

hello, dear loves. :)

happy wednesday to you all! I hope your day went well.
mine did! it started off a liiiiiiiittle stressful, but then got better.

I've realized that me being stressed is kind of like a mouse running in a wheel, or even a chicken running around with its head cut off (which is a more accurate description of what I feel like).

It's just pointless. God has already overcome the problems I'm stressed out about, even the little-bitty everyday problems.

I'm relying on the promise in Isaiah 43: 2-3 tonight:

You will pass through deep waters. But I will be with you.
You will pass through the rivers. But their waters will not sweep over you.
You will walk through fire. But you will not be burned. The flames will not harm you.
I am the Lord your God. I am the Holy One of Israel.
I am the one who saves you.


He is with me. Walking with me. Sitting with me.

This is not saying that now the stress has magically disappeared and I have conquered any/all temptations ever to stress and worry and freak-out.

Nope.

This is me admitting my own stupidity in thinking that I could handle things without stressing in the first place.
This is me saying that I am in desperate need of the calm and peace of God tonight.
I am in need of His company.

Scripture says that if I draw near to Him, then He will be faithful to draw near to me.
So, goodnight to you all, as I leave you to relax and unwind with my Father and Friend.

I love you all!
:)



p.s.-- I told you about me sponsoring another child. Well, here's a look at how the money I pay per month helps to further the child's education!

*



No comments: