Wednesday, March 21, 2012

here's my heart, God

hi, dear loves. happy spring!

yes, it's finally spring, my favorite season.
except the pollen has been worse than i ever remember it being this time of year....not good.

anywho! guess who's super-dee-duperdy-cool?!?

Jesus is!

really and truly, loves, he's blowing my brain away. he has been so faithful to me, so loving, and so reassuring, because i've needed a lot of reassuring the past few days.

i've needed to be reassured that God's got my future in the very palms of his hands. I've needed to be reminded that he has planned out every single tiny-weeny detail of my life, and nothing surprises him! i've needed to be reminded that i'm not even promised tomorrow, next week, or next year, and that i need to live in today without fear of my future.

He's done this through his Word. One verse, right after the other. He just kept them coming last night:

Proverbs 20:24- "The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"
There's no point to worrying our heads off trying to figure out the reasoning for everything in our life! Some things we may not fully understand till heaven, and that means we just have to trust that Jesus knows what he's doing, because he does!

Psalm 20:1-2- "May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem."
WHY would the God of Jacob keep me, Shelby from Alabama with so many things wrong with her, from all harm, send me help from his sanctuary, and strength from Jerusalem?!? Why does he care about my desires and passions, my relationships, and my problems?!? This is just rocking my world right now.

Romans 8:28- "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him."
I randomly flipped to this verse last night, and that doesn't usually happen. I know God wanted me to see it because I needed to remember that all things (bad & good) work together for my good in the end.



I know I've told you this many times, but I really struggle with worrying over anything and everything. I over-think, over-analyze, and let worrying over my future take over my mind sometimes. My mind is usually my biggest enemy.

So, when God does this for me, reassures me that worrying does nothing but possibly ruin my future and that He cares enough for me to personally cause every minute detail of my life to work together for my good- well, i fall in love. i fall in love with Jesus like i never have before. i feel so loved and treasured and worthy by the blood of the Lamb that i throw my heart at him. I beg him to take it, to keep it safe. I trust him with it. He's the only one that i can trust with it. His love is the only love that doesn't depend on me loving back. His love is the only love that will stick with me forever and never fail me.


only with God's strength will i do this, but you can bet that i will be boasting in this fact:

i can laugh without fear of my future.
God is within me, i will not fall. God will help me at break of day.


i pray you also know this truth, loves.
have a happy week!
i love you all.
:)


p.s.-- The Hunger Games is coming out tomorrow night! A few friends and I are going to the midnight premiere.......i can't even begin to tell you how excited i am! :)


No comments: