Sunday, May 13, 2012

because of the love of the Lord


hi there, dear loves.

happy mother's day weekend! i hope all the moms out there were made to feel super-duper special, and all the rest of you played a part in making a mom feel super-duper special. ;)



i just have to tell you all how joyful i am. God is moving and working in my life and in the lives around me so tremendously, and it's made me so joyful! it's made me excited, passionate, hopeful, and expectant about the miracles and wonders of the Lord.
I'm believing Him for something in my life, something very dear to me.

I'm believing Him to renew and redeem.
I'm believing Him to forgive and not remember.
I'm believing Him to endwell and consume.
I'm believing Him to ignite and set free forever.

My faith is in the power of the Lord. His strength is not to be matched. His love is not to be conquered, though the Enemy will try.
But you see, the Enemy also tried to defeat and demolish in Psalm 44. And he did not succeed.

But he didn't fail because strong armies and men with incredible weapons rose up against him. No.
He failed because of the love of the Lord.
Yes, simply that.


They did not conquer the land with their swords;
it was not their own strong arm that gave them victory.
It was your right hand and strong arm
and the blinding light from your face that helped them,
for you loved them.
v. 3



And so, I learn from this passage. I am believing God to win a spiritual battle for the things I listed above, but I know this battle cannot be won by myself. It cannot be won by me at all.

Verses 6-8 have become my prayer:

I do not trust in my bow;
I do not count on my sword to save me.
You are the one who gives us victory over our enemies;
you disgrace those who hate us.
O God, we give glory to you all day long
and constantly praise your name.


I will not quit hoping and believing and praying because I know that God put this hope, this belief, and this prayer inside of me.
I am believing Him to win.

To conquer.
To overtake.
To overwhelm.
To love.

He is holy enough, mighty enough, and strong enough to put our hope and trust and belief in.

Believe God for something.
Nothing you're wanting to ask of him is ever too big. Ever.

Believe Him for something because of His love, dear friends.


I love you all, and hope your week is wonderful.
:)





No comments: