Tuesday, October 16, 2012

words are lacking


hello, friends-

i so long to write words to you, really good words, that articulate perfectly the way God is showing up in my life and doing miraculous and amazing things in a time, no less, when I didn't think that kind of thing would happen at all.
But when I try to pen those words, my heart starts getting all twisty and clenchy feeling and i have to stop.
It's just not right.
So, I won't write too much now, simply because if I did try it would be a whole lot of words about me. And dear loves, it's all about Him.


For now, I'll leave you with some thoughts.

The Lord holds us in His hands- all of us, and every part of us. Our spirits, our souls, our bodies, our goals, our dreams, our future, our quirks, our passions, our flaws.
And His hands are so perfectly capable of holding us. He never lets us slip through the cracks in his fingers, he doesn't squeeze too tightly or hold too loosely. His hold is perfect, it's careful and protective.

If we give up our lives, if we truly surrender (and, like He did for me, he will show you what that looks like), we will get true life in return. Pick up your cross; it's a privilege to do so and claim His name. What we hold dear is nothing compared to knowing Jesus. It's absolutely meaningless, so give it up. Fall in love with your Savior. Seek his face and forsake everything else! Get to know the person of God the Father, the person of God the Son, and the person of God the Holy Spirit.

Our battle is not against flesh and blood and things we can see. Our battle is with Satan and his demons. And we do not fight with earthly weapons, but with Mighty Weapons that we have through the power of the Holy Spirit. We can kill or give life with our words and we speak victory over ourselves. Christ has defeated death and so we fight from victory, not to it. We are more than conquerors by the blood of Jesus. We have already won this battle.


"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
2Cor. 10:3-5
 

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10
 
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Eph. 6:12
 
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
2Cor. 3:18
 
You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.
1Thes.5:5
 
 
I don't know what good writing this post has done, perhaps I never will, and i really do not care a whole lot about that.
 
I just care about the way my heart feels like it's about to burst when I think about Jesus, how he saved me, and filled me with the Holy Spirit.
All I can think about is how I can barely bear this love, how it's almost too much for me, almost too-satisfying.
But it's really not too anything at all.
 
It's perfect. Just perfect.
My spirit, my soul, and my body are at home with Jesus. I fit perfectly in Him, I was made for him.
 
 
 


No comments: