Monday, May 3, 2010

Be prepared.

I haven't been on in a while and as a result, I have lots of thingsto talk about. :)
First off, I think you all should know that Dotty didn't make it much longer than a week. She died on Saturday while I was out of town at my cousins Fine Arts performance. It was my fault; I didn't clean out water because I was busy and thought I would able to buy her a new fish bowl before I cleaned out the water. I think she suffocated to death. :( Although it won't be the same, I am going to get another fish and this one, I won't kill.
Second, I found this cool blog in the BHG magazine. It's all about parties and planning and decorating- things I love to do! :) Off of this blog, I found this website with this super-nifty party. If you know anything about me, you will know that I wish I was born in the 1800's.
Oh yes, I would love to pull my hair in a bun everyday, gather eggs from the chicken coops, and make bread all day long. :) You think I'm kidding?? I'm not. Anyway, here are some photos from the partay. :)

All the girls got to pick out a bonnet and apron when they arrived. During the party, the girls made bread and homemade butter! So jealous.... The also made homemade strawberry jam to take home in cute little containers. :) This is so my kinda party.
The girls also went on a little wagon ride and played cool old-timey games. As party favors they gave out little bags of old-timey candy. (probably bought at Cracker Barrel)
Anywho, I am going to throw a party like this for someone sometime in my life because it is the coolest idea ever.


No comments: