Sunday, June 27, 2010

{homemade coconut exfoliant}

my scent for the summer is coconut. When you're near me, you will think, "Am I at the beach??" because it will remind you of rolling waves and sugary beaches. That was my inspiration for my homemade exfoliant.
I really like to have healthy skin. I don't really like blemishes, bruises, spots (I HATE spots), or any other non-attractive thing on my skin. To dodge most of those things, I exfoliate. :)
Recipe:
crystaly white sugar

pure olive oil

freshly grated coconut meat

a little of this, a little of that.... :)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Store in a container and use as you please.

here's a step-by-step tutorial to show you how to make your own, without knowing my secret recipe! hehehehe....... :)





open up your coconut. I had no idea how to do this when I got home from the grocery store so I went online and, wouldn't ya know it, there's a website for that. http://www.howtoopenacoconut.com/
once you separate the meat(white stuff) of the coconut from the brown, outside, hairy part, take a veggie peeler and scrape away all the leftover(hate that word!!) brown stuff that may remain.
next, put your meat in a food processor and blend it on up! If you don't have a food processor, use a blender. If you're married, I'm sure you've got one. If you're single and have neither, have fun cutting up the meat; however it's not soft and creamy like coconut lotion.
then gather up all your ingredients. I would enclose the exact measurements I used, but maybe I'll open up my own line of all natural beauty products one day. who knows....
line up your jars, or whatever container you're using, and have them ready.
mix it alllllll up!


put it in your jar......

seal it up, add a cute little label and a hand written sentiment,

and there you have it!

maybe we'll have a little gifty give-away?? I have lots extra. :)

I hope your all having a great Sunday! stay safe. :)

No comments: