Saturday, January 22, 2011

forever his love endures




good morning everyone! I just got up from a late night so, yes, it's morning to me at 11: 50 am. (at least it's still AM.) Last night we went to my brother's basketball game in montgomery which is two hours away! What did I do those two hours on the way??
 I crafted! Or, tried to.
I attempted to replicate a cutie-patutie paper garland i saw in an anthro window display, but i failed miserably! It looked like trash on a string with all the paper hearts, cupcake wrappers, tissue paper, and tied on lace. (haha, it sounds really trashy on here. :) it was really cute in the pictures though!)
So, that ^ didn't work out.
Then I decided to make a little note book for Watch! (and he wrote to us 2 days ago!) I still have to find a way to bind the pages together and then I'll send it, along with farm animal stickers and a few bookmarks I made that have Scriptures on them in his language! I think he'll like getting these little giftys. :)
His birthday's on March 10, so i'm also trying to think of some gift I can make for him. It has to be small enough to fit in a Manila envelope, and it has to be flat where it doesn't change the shape of the envelope or else the 'mail-men' of Thailand won't give it to him! Anybody have any cute ideas as to what to make him?? Links and comments would be much appreciated!

Lastly, I have been contemplating a verse in Genesis. Usually, like all of my previous Christian life, I have read the Bible chapters at a time, but sometimes, never really understood what they meant. So, I've decided that I am going to take the Bible one verse at a time and meditate on the ones I feel God speaking through.
One such verse is Genesis 28:15-
What's more, I am with you , and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you.

And Genesis 28:20-
Then Jacob made this vow," If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if he will provide me with food and clothing, and if I return safely to my father's home, then the Lord will certainly be my God.

When I read these verses, I feel like they were written for me specifically, and, in a way, they were. God is promising me in the first verse that he will never leave me no matter where I go( NYC, Chicago, Appalachians, or San Diego). Now why would he promise me this?? Is it because that somewhere in this journey I am going to feel completely alone and want to come home or like I can't do what God wants me to do?? If you've ever read the story of Jacob before, you can answer "yes" to the previous question. You'll know that there were times when he was frustrated, couldn't see God, and felt alone. But, he made a vow to God, that if God would indeed protect him, keep him, and clothe and feed him, God would never cease to be his God.
I have made this vow to God. For the rest of my days, because God will clothe me with what I need, not with what's popular; feed me just enough to keep me alive, not more than my fair share; protect me, even when I don't see the spiritual battle going on around me; be with me, even when I don't see him; and allow me to one day be with my family again, yes, He will be my God.
and even if he doesn't, his name is still God. (with a capital 'G')
but I truly have faith that he will. Because nothing in this world can overcome me. Even if I die, people,. For me to live is Christ, but to die?? Well, to die is only gain.

Wow, sorry that was so heavy. I didn't know that was going to come out when I opened my Bible to find those verses. :) Maybe they affected someone.


I hope you have a wonderful saturday! :)
'forever his love endures'

No comments: