Thursday, April 14, 2011

only by grace


hello, my loves. :)
how has your thursday been??
mine's gone pretty well, considering I didn't get any sleep last night. nope, nothing but a lousy 2 hours. why??
blame it on indigestion and/or heartburn. what?!?! I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THAT!
oh well, maybe tonight will be better. :)

So, last night I had a really great prayer time. I just lied down, flat on my belly, in my bed, and prayed for at least a half-hour or more. I was mainly begging forgiveness for something I had done that ended up hurting my sister. It was the worst feeling. Not the feeling I used to get when I did something wrong. Not the feeling of dread toward the consequence of whatever I did, but the feeling of, "Oh my goodness. In sinning, I just disappointed you." I can't take that! I know I probably disappoint God ALOT, but last night I found myself begging God look on His Son, and pardon me. I really needed to be brought back to that level. That level of "I need you God because without you I'm hopeless".

Because we can't save ourselves. We can't. Even the good things we do, they mean nothing unless they're done out of love for Him and you have the faith to back the actions up. Without the faith, the actions are worthless.
I think of all the 'good' things I do. Things people say, "Oh, Shelby. That's so good! People your age would rather be at the mall or texting, but you give up your time to help serve." I do help people. I do serve. I like to do those things. But I do them because I love God. If I didn't have the faith I have, the actions would mean nothing.
Think about yourself. What good things are you known for?? What are some things that make you feel good, or holy, or really Christian??
Now imagine yourself without those things.
Now how good are you??
Not so great, huh??
Well, it turns out, that's how God sees you and me. He sees us as 'not-so-great'. (and that's putting it nicely)
But, that's the beauty of the Gospel. It's a story of a Father who chooses to look at the glory of his Son, instead of us.

Please, get this.

He could look at you and me as we are. And if you're not a Christian, he does see you and the bondage of sin you are under. But if you are saved, if you believe in the majestic Love that is God, the Sovereign God, he doesn't see you and me.

He sees Christ. And he loves Christ. He loves you and me. That's why he forgives.

I needed forgiveness last night, so I begged for it.
And he was faithful.


No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.”
But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him...by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. Romans 3: 10-12; 21-22


No one is righteous on their own. Nothing we ever do will ever make us even close to being righteous. It's only by grace we are saved. Only by grace.
Eph. 2:8

Let God massage that into your heart. Know that.
It's a nice thing to know. :)


I love you all!
Happy Thursday!


p.s.-- I picked up an old door on the side of the road today! I can't wait to show you all what I have in mind.... :)

No comments: