Monday, April 11, 2011

sin must not continue.

hello all :)
what have you been up to lately??
I've been wallowing around in the Love that is Christ.
Yes!

I've been reading Romans alot lately. It seems everywhere I turn there is a reference to Romans! So, I decided to read the whole thing, and do a little study on it! It's called Who I Really Am and it's the study that my parents did when they taught a college and career class at our old church. So I'm super excited about this study!!
I started in chapter 1 last night, but before that, God had really been showing me some stuff in chapters 6 & 10.  We'll focus on 6. :)
The caption to chapter 6 in my Bible is Freedom from sin's grasp.
Verse 6 says this:

We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.


Are you puzzled at all about the beginning where it says, "old selves were crucified with Christ"??
Crucified with Christ?? How can that be?? I wasn't there with him on that tree! And I thought Christ took the punishment for us, so how was I crucified with him?? And when did this hapen??
Verse 3 answers:

Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death?

Yes, I forgot.
Have you been baptized?? I have. And Romans tells me that since I was joined with Christ through baptism, I have joined him in his death. What significance is joining him in his death??

so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.

so that sin might lose its power.


did you hear that?? Sin lost its power when Christ died. Sin lost its power when you were baptised, not only with water but with the Spirit. Because we joined him in his death.

So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. 6:11

Say that to yourself and truly know it. Cosider yourself dead to sin.

When you do that, you're faced with a guilty truth. Because sin has no power over you, it's your fault when you sin. No one else's. Yours.

But we don't have to sin. You don't have to give in.

You can kill sin. Sin must be put to death. It must not continue. Every sin. All sins. Little sins. Big sins. Tall sins. Fat sins. Horrible sins. Everyday sins. All of them.

That's my goal today. Yep, I'm going to try to not sin. Yes, I know this is impossible, but Scripture says it must be done. So why don't we even try?!?!?!?!
Join me today!

Wait!! Let's do it EVERYDAY!
Because SIN HAS NO POWER OVER US.
NONE.

like, none.



please know this as you go throughout your day. You have the power in Jesus' name, to say no and not sin. You can do that. Christ defeated sin on the cross and you live through his name. You can defeat the sin in your life.

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!
I love you all!
:)

No comments: