Thursday, June 2, 2011

hide yourself

*


hello, loves. :)
good thursday to you all! can i just take a moment and say that this week has been long, and it really needs to end soon??
VBS has been great! but i can only handle so many busy days before i need to relax and just chill out with my family at the house.


today, i found out that two of my friend's/acquaintance's fathers died. one dad committed suicide, and the other just died.
both girls are my age.

i can't imagine going through that kind of loss with either of my parents!
i doubt either of them read my blog, but if they do, i'd like to give them some encouragement.

at VBS, we learned that you cannot hide from God:
"I am watching them closely, and I see every sin. They cannot hope to hide from me." Jer. 16:17

But they good news is this: you can hide in God!
The old hymn, A Mighty Fortress Is Our God, has a lyric in it that says this:
"Let me hide myself in Thee."

Whenever I've been hurt or am sad, I just feel like hiding. All I want to do is shut off and curl up in my bed.
But better than just hiding, is hiding in He who is the Mighty Fortress.

Regarding the girl whose father committed suicide, I wonder if she feels unimportant. i wonder if she feels like she wasn't worth living for.

And for the girl whose father just died, i wonder how she'll learn to move on.


My prayer is that God would reveal himself to both of them as their eternal Father. I pray that they would find hope in hiding beneath his wings and taking refuge in His promises.



If you feel like hiding tonight, remember: hide yourself in Thee.


I love you all!!
Happy almost-weekend!
:)

No comments: