Friday, September 23, 2011

singing psalms


verse two of chapter eight in the book of Psalm:


You have taught children and infants
to tell of your strength,
   silencing your enemies
and all who oppose you.



what if by "children" and "infants" he meant
those of small capabilities,
those of physical disabilities,
those of weaknesses.

and when God makes his strength perfect in their weakness,

By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire, and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and put whole armies to flight. 

the enemy stands in silence.
dumbfounded.
astonished.


because that was impossible.
Can God really take our weaknesses, the weaknesses we were born with, the ones we have no control over, and turn them into our strengths?


Well, if he could, it would look like

a blind man seeing,
a deaf man hearing,
a lame man walking.



oh wait.


He did do that.




I really don't have anything else to say about that verse.... so just chew on it. Think about it. That's just what came to my mind when I first read it, and I thought I would write about it. :)

I hope your Friday went well! Mine was ok, not great.
I'm just really feeling the pressure to be a good friend, like Jesus was. Being friendly isn't my specialty. I have to work at it, depending on the person...... ;)
Really though, I'm the type of person who could live their whole life with just their family and be fine. And that's not a terrible thing, but God obviously stresses the importance of community and relationships between believers.
So, I obey and work at it.
Sometimes I'm a real meany-pants and hurt my friends feelings.
Sometimes they're the meany-pants and I feel just about ready to quit all relationships.

But that's when God says that my heart is deceitful, and not to listen to my feelings.
He says,

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.
Eph. 4:2


Oh, gosh! I am SO not good at that.

pray for me, please.
:)

ok, happy weekend!
i love you all!



*

No comments: