Wednesday, November 2, 2011

breaking hearts

hello, my friendsies. :)
just a quick post, but i wanted to tell you what i'm thankful for today.


i was reading my utmost for his highest for yesterday, and it said this:

"Why shouldn’t we experience heartbreak? Through those doorways God is opening up ways of fellowship with His Son. Most of us collapse at the first grip of pain. We sit down at the door of God’s purpose and enter a slow death through self-pity. And all the so-called Christian sympathy of others helps us to our deathbed.
But God will not.
He comes with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son, as if to say, “Enter into fellowship with Me; arise and shine.” If God can accomplish His purposes in this world through a broken heart, then why not thank Him for breaking yours?"

So, I'm thankful for when God chooses to break my heart, and then comes to me "with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son, as if to say, 'Enter into fellowship with Me; arise and shine.'"

Is there any greater love than that?? 
Shouldn't our purpose in life be to let God use us at His disposal as to accomplish His purposes in this world??
And if God chooses to do that through breaking my heart, who am I to argue??

I brought nothing into this world to begin with, and can take absolutely nothing with me when I leave it.
I bring nothing to God's table, except for my sinfulness.

It kind of reminds me when Facebook changes its layout.
You know, FB is totally free. It's not like we do anything for FB that gives us a right to complain when FB people decide to change something about it. Yet, we complain and act like it's the end of the world when we get confused while mindlessly browsing.

This is not to say that I will never get angry or sad when my heart does become broken, because it probably will someday. But I will pray until it happens, that God will prepare me for the hurt, and will help me through it, all while He accomplishes His purposes.

I will pray that God would also bring you to a place where you can become thankful for broken hearts.


i hope you've had a great wednesday!
mine hasn't been fantastic.....i feel like i've got a stomach bug. :(

i love you all!
:)


*

No comments: