Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY: picture display!

hello, dear lovies!
I hate that I'm just now getting to post the DIYs for my mom's birthday presents...but here we go.

Here's the first thing I made:


It's their engagement announcement picture inside of a mason jar, filled with olive oil.
My inspiration was this:

*

It didn't turn out nearly as good as I wanted it to.
But, I thought I'd share the process of making it with you anyways. :)

You need 1 mason jar, olive oil, and a picture!




I didn't use the actual clipping from the paper. I scanned it into the computer, and printed it. Then I printed a second one and glued their backs together so that any way you turn the jar, you see the picture!

Fill the jar with oil first, and then put the picture inside.

And you'll end up with this:



It's pretty cool, I guess. I'm not entirely impressed. On to the next DIY. Stay tuned.

The next one's really cute. :)

No comments: