Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY: where we're from!

Aaaaaaaaaand here's the second thing I made for Mom's birthday!
It's a picture frame, with boy and girl figure-people, representing my mom and dad, cut out of maps of the places they are from. And the heart in the middle, joining their hands, is cut out from a map of the place where they met.




I started out by printing these figures. I cut them out, and traced them onto the maps I printed of the places mom and dad are from.






Then, I cut out the traced figures, and glued them to a white paper, glued to the backing of the picture frame I was using.


Mom is from Morgan City, Louisiana (the little bitty black dot on her left leg), and Dad is from Tuscaloosa, Alabama (right in the middle of his tummy). They met in PCB on Spring Break. :)


The frame I used came from the thrift store, and was black to start with. So I painted it white:






and ta-da!


I really like the way it turned out! :)


I hope you all are having a great Veterans' Day!
11/11/11

Happy Friday!
Happy weekend!

I love you all!
:)

No comments: