Tuesday, March 27, 2012

i let you in

*
“My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.”



You were near
Though I was distant
Disillusioned I was
Lost and insecure

Still mercy fought
For my attention
You were waiting at the door
Then I let you in

Trading your life
For my offenses
For my redemption
You carried all the blame

Breaking the curse
Of our condition
Perfection took our place

Holy are you God
Holy is your name
With everything I’ve got
My heart will sing how I love you

My burden erased
My life forgiven
There is nothing that could take this love away
And my only desire and sole ambition
Is to love you just the same



Yes, these are song lyrics. But think about each line.

I've found myself very lost and very insecure at times. Mercy has fought for my attention each and every time. In order to make me worthy, He carried every blame. That act broke every curse and now I can live righteously, not because I try to live righteously, but because I can do all things through Christ and Christ can do everything.
Because of this, my only desire and sole ambition in life is to love Him like He's loved me. To make Him famous.


Think about when you were insecure, and He was there, knocking at your door.
Let Him in.

happy tuesday, friends!






No comments: