Sunday, June 10, 2012

i will hear Him


hello, dearies.

there are lots of uncertainties in life.
would you agree??

in my own, there are the uncertainties in the next year of my life as Daddy will be gone on deployment with the Army; the uncertainties of college and what the next 2-4 years of my life will look like after i graduate; and the uncertainties of any kind of romantic relationship that will turn into marriage, also (hopefully) leading to the possibility of doing what i have always dreamed of doing- fostering/adopting children nationally.

Some of these uncertainties i think about daily, others i dont.
but regardless, they are still uncertainties, and they can leave me very anxious and even fearful sometimes.

and so, because of the realness of everything in my life that i consider very uncertain, when God blesses me with sweet reassurance, like that found in Isaiah 30, I feel the tenderness of God very specifically.

So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
so he can show you his love and compassion.
For the Lord is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for his help.
O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem,
you will weep no more.
He will be gracious if you ask for help.
He will surely respond to the sound of your cries.
Though the Lord gave you adversity for food
and suffering for drink,
he will still be with you to teach you.
You will see your teacher with your own eyes.
Your own ears will hear him.
Right behind you a voice will say,
“This is the way you should go,”
whether to the right or to the left.
Then you will destroy all your silver idols
and your precious gold images.
You will throw them out like filthy rags,
saying to them, “Good riddance!”
 Then the Lord will bless you with rain at planting time. There will be wonderful harvests and plenty of pastureland for your livestock. The oxen and donkeys that till the ground will eat good grain, its chaff blown away by the wind. In that day, when your enemies are slaughtered and the towers fall, there will be streams of water flowing down every mountain and hill.
Isaiah 30:18-25

This passage reminds me that instead of being afraid of all the uncertainties in my life, i should "come to him so he can show (me) his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God."  I am promised that "He will be gracious if (I) ask for help. He will surely respond to the sound of (my) cries." And while living without my daddy for a year, waiting for clarification about college, and waiting on a boyfriend/spouse can feel like "the Lord gave (me) adversity for food and suffering for drink", I know that "he will still be with (me) to teach (me)."

How do I know this? Because it's in the Bible, and the Bible is true. It's truer than true; it's infallible, irrevocable, and unshakable!

The uncertainties of my life crumble before the Word of God.

And once I come to a place where I believe that with my entire being, that's when I "will hear him. Right behind (me) a voice will say, 'This is the way you should go,' whether to the right or to the left."

When that voice speaks to me, my uncertainties will no longer be uncertainties anymore. They will become the will of God.
Behold, He makes ALL things NEW.

Uncertainties becoming the will of God will take place only at the right time, and it will be like the "Lord (is blessing me) with rain at planting time."

rain is liquid sunshine....or that's what my daddy says.


Praise Jesus for sweet reassurance. I cannot wait to see every one of my uncertainties bow before God and become His very will.


enjoy this rainy sabbath, loves.
i love you all!
:)

No comments: