Wednesday, August 29, 2012

one thing remains



dear friends,
it's been a week of mixed emotions.

i'm filled with joy down to my core, and nothing can take it away. 21 days of prayer completely changed my life (not exaggerating) and i feel so close to Jesus. i am His and He is mine. i cannot even begin to explain to you how deeply it is resonating within my soul, the fact that Jesus is all I need, no one can love me greater then He has, He answers my prayers and hears my cries, He loves me. He makes me smile when i dont even want to...

that would be when i think about the fact that my daddy is thousands of miles away; how my day ends when his is just beginning; how i wish he could help me through so much of my life right now.


this life has many problems. can i get an "amen" on that, please?! thankfully, our God is bigger than our problems. he beats them, they run and hide at the sound of His great Name.

Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
psalm 46:8&9
 
He's that powerful, loves. Don't put your life in the hands of anything less capable.


i heard a neat "worship exercise" the other day. it's purpose was to help us focus on Jesus, like it was just us and Him, no one else around.

close your eyes.
put yourself in a hallway. any hallway.
go to one end of the hallway and sit.
you're by yourself.
look to the other end of the hallway.
jesus is there.
what do you do?
what do you say?
what does He do? what does He say?
what emotions are you feeling?
are you crying? laughing?
is He crying? laughing?
think of one word to describe what you're feeling.
what word would Jesus choose?
stay there. sit with him.
 
 
realize that that's not some far-fetched imagination. one day we will get to sit and talk, laugh and cry with Jesus.
even now, His Spirit dwells within us, His presence is always with us.
 
You're with Him now.
What are you saying to Him? What's He saying?
What are you feeling? What's He feeling?
 
 
 
no more thoughts to expand on.
other than i started my first college-ish math class yesterday. i'm pretty proud that i figured out how to work the whole "online homework" thing and was able to follow everything the instructor (who just happens to be my old youth pastor!) was saying, not gonna lie. with no help...yet.
score!
 
 
have a great night!
sunday is coming, lovies!
 
 
Your love never fails
never gives up
never runs out on me

On and one and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

No comments: