Wednesday, May 8, 2013

awake

good morning.

The sun is peeking through the cumulus, laying it's rays delicately on my bed, across my face, awakening me.

It's a new day. It's a new breath. It's a new reason to live. The reason is different than yesterday's, with its own name, face, and personality. Who knows what it will be or become, but you can be sure that it will be or become something, for hasn't The Lord awoken me?
Yes, and all to live a new day, breathe a new breathe, have a new reason. 

"Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives." Psalms 90:14

And when I live the new reason and breathe the new breath, look out onto the new horizons, I find myself singing new songs as I watch gold fill the sky and black blanket the earth. 

New days bring new praise. 

New days are coming for me, chasing me down, I sometimes feel. 
"Make this decision; know your plans; think about your future." 
I'm trying, I'm trying, and should it really be this hard? It's just new, and new always feels hard (for me). 
New suggests unknown, but is it really?
Doesn't He promise a hopeful future, a prosperous life? Doesn't He say it'll all work out fine, for my good even, because He's God? 

But new also makes my heart skip. New brings adventure and freedom knocking at my door. New: it's compelling, it's exciting. 

So I'll open the door and make the decision and live the new and accept the reason because He gave it. He gave me the new. 
And every good thing comes from His hand. And everything He gives can be boiled down to grace. 
It's all grace. The new, the unknown, the breath, the life- oh, especially the life.
Grace is freedom. 

And friends, freedom is where He lives. 

Here's to a season of new, my graduating/newlywed/first-time-parents/other-types-of-new friends. 
Here's to a remarkable season where you watch The Lord unfold your new and make it yours. 

Accept the new, accept the grace, and give the thanks. 

Amen. 

No comments: